The Shaw Academy is a professional training and higher education institution dedicated to making the highest quality, practical education accessible to all. We are committed to both excellence in teaching and support, enhancing the learning experience of each individual student. We provide cutting edge education, offering highly innovative topics, administered in a flexible nature.
The Shaw Academy was founded on the premise of necessity. Put simply, for too long people have been paying too much for education and getting too little. At Shaw Academy education knows no boundaries; vocational topics and one to one support are seamlessly integrated in an affordable manner, teaching practical skills to apply to the real world.
Learn the basic principles of graphic design and the industry standard tools used by designers from all genres.
Graphic design is a very exciting area, you are often working with cutting edge technology, using your creativity and also having fun while doing it. If you can pay attention to detail, are patient, creative, and like solving problems, then you are well on your way. So all that scribbling and doodling in school might finally pay off!
Graphic design is all around us. It is in our morning newspaper, on our coffee cups, on our favourite apps, wherever we look. The most common forms include Logos, Websites, Advertisements and Magazine/Newspaper layouts
This course will provide you with the necessary real world applicable skills and knowledge to enhance and promote you or your potential client’s brand, ideas or message
• Lessons provided by an award winning multidisciplinary designer.
• Practical skills and knowledge to help promote and enhance the visual appeal and presence of your, or potential clients, business
• Lessons are in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign (the Holy Trinity of design applications!)
• Learn how to design for print.
• Learn how to create Web interfaces and mock ups.
• 10 online modules of highly enjoyable interactive, easily accessible, premium practical content delivered in an accessible format available on-demand at your convenience 24/7
• Lessons are divided into short chapters to allow you to study efficiently without impeding on your current lifestyle.
• Full support provided throughout and upon completion of the programme – your tutor is at hand at all times and can be reached with any question no matter how large or small.
• No prior knowledge or experience required
Lesson 1: Introduction
Lesson 2: Graphic Design Principles / Create a Poster
Lesson 3: Photo Editing
Lesson 4: Creating Image Composites
Lesson 5: Introduction to Illustrator / Create a Logo
Lesson 6: Illustrator Part 2 / Tracing Artwork & Brushes
Lesson 7: Typography
Lesson 8: Create a Web Layout – Part 1
Lesson 9: Create a Web Layout – Part 2
Lesson 10: Introduction to InDesign / Create a Business Card
Find full course details here -
Thousands of offers to choose from across every category
Simply choose a discount offer to redeem and save
Part of every purchase goes to your choice of beneficiary