Survivors & Mates Support Network
Survivors & Mates Support Network (SAMSN) is a not-for-profit organisation working to increase public awareness of the effects that childhood sexual abuse can have on men in their adult lives. We employ psychologists and social workers who have experience working with male survivors to facilitate support groups and workshops for men and their families. Our groups and workshops provide practical and emotional support to men and their families as we work to build a caring, non-judgemental and inclusive community.
We advocate on behalf of male survivors to dispel the myths and provide information to make it easier for men to disclose and seek the help they need. Any man who has suffered from the effects of child sexual assault should know it was not his fault and that healing and recovery is possible. Regardless of his ethnicity, sexual orientation, age, or religion, any man across Australia can contact SAMSN for support.
Our Vision is a society in which male survivors of childhood sexual abuse can access the resources they need to help them deal with the past, enjoy the present, welcome tomorrow and live a full and rewarding life.
Our mission is to build an Australia-wide support network so that no man experiencing the negative impacts of childhood sexual abuse has to suffer in shame, silence or isolation.
How we achieve this…
• Half-day facilitated workshops for male survivors, their families & supporters
• Eight-week facilitated support groups for men
• Ongoing monthly support groups for men who have completed an eight-week group
• Provide resources for survivors & their supporters online
• Conduct education & community outreach programs
• Support for victims when dealing with police, the legal system, various Inquiries & the Royal Commission
• Referrals to other effective agencies & support organisations
No events for this organisation